from Graft Wine + Cider Bar
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- vegetable oil (or similar)
- 3 clove garlic , sliced thin
- 1 - 1.5 lbs mussels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 oz Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 baguette, cut into diagonal slices
- a few tender cilantro leaves & stems
- Clean and de-beard mussels.
- Coat bottom of skillet/sauté pan with oil, heat to medium high.
- Add garlic for 1 minute, then add mussels and wine.
- While mussels are cooking, whisk together curry paste and cream until clumps are gone.
- Once mussels are open (3-6 minutes), drain excess wine (use pot lid).
- Add curry/cream mixture, reduce to medium low, simmer for 5 minutes (add a little water if too thick).
- Toast slices of baguette. Pour into serving dish, garnish with cilantro, serve with bread.
Riesling and Thai influenced food is a match made in heavy; the acid in the cuts through the fatty cream, and the sugar in the wine contrasts the spicy curry.