from Graft Wine + Cider Bar
Yield: 1 Serving
This is the curried mussel dish from Graft Wine + Cider Bar in our Finger Lakes episode! This dish is so simple to make, you won't believe it. Scale as necessary!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- vegetable oil (or similar)
- 3 clove garlic , sliced thin
- 1 - 1.5 lbs mussels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 oz Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 baguette, cut into diagonal slices
- a few tender cilantro leaves & stems
- Clean and de-beard mussels.
- Coat bottom of skillet/sauté pan with oil, heat to medium high.
- Add garlic for 1 minute, then add mussels and wine.
- While mussels are cooking, whisk together curry paste and cream until clumps are gone.
- Once mussels are open (3-6 minutes), drain excess wine (use pot lid).
- Add curry/cream mixture, reduce to medium low, simmer for 5 minutes (add a little water if too thick).
- Toast slices of baguette. Pour into serving dish, garnish with cilantro, serve with bread.
Riesling and Thai influenced food is a match made in heavy; the acid in the cuts through the fatty cream, and the sugar in the wine contrasts the spicy curry.