20 Minutes, makes 1 serving
1 shallot, sliced
3 clove garlic, sliced
2 piece thick cut bacon, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 purple potatoes, diced
12 manila clams, washed
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup Parmesan (or chicken) broth
2 tbsp butter
1 pinch fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp fresh lemon
1 tbsp garlic bread crumbs (optional)
- sauté shallot, garlic, bacon, purple potatoes, and olive oil over high heat until onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add clams, wine, broth, and cream cook over high heat until clams open and potatoes are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add butter, lemon, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on over high heat until butter melts and dish thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Plate and top with bread crumbs